Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birth Annoucement before Cricut

Can anyone remember the time there was no such thing as a Cricut? I can't imagine my life without it right now. Everything that I do, everything that I think of doing revolves around Cricut. I will never attempt to cut everything by hand, and I will definitely never consider making a stencil, tracing onto the paper, and then cutting it out.

I know Cricut has been around for sometime now, but I never jumped onto the bandwagon until November 2008. That has changed my life. Since then, I have been able to create more things - faster, with less stress, and professionally.

However, before Cricut came into my life, I did cut everything out by hand to make cards and that never stopped me then. I love personalizing everything and I get so much satisfaction out from making them.

One that I will show you today is my birth announcement cards that I made for my son, now three. Yes, I made a bib stencil, traced them onto double-sided patterned paper, and cut them out one by one. I made over 60 of them.



I was extremely happy with the way it turned out, and got great feedbacks. I fit 3 things into the bib pocket - birth information, picture of my baby, and a form letter. The ribbon at the top also completed it.

All I can think of now is how easy that would be with Cricut...

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. I can't believe you did all of these by hand. We would be lost without our crickets now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails