Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mod Paperie Greetings.


My dream has always been to sell my own handmade cards and crafts. My husband owns a pharmacy and suggested to me recently that I start out by trying to sell some there. This is a little pharmacy in the professional building, so it really isn't a destination for card shopping. Nevertheless, from time to time, there are occasional people that come in looking for last minute cards.

He brought home for me a pamphlet clear plastic holder from work thinking that I could put my cards in them to sell. This was too plain, and I decided to jazz it up a bit. After pondering for few days, I came up with "mod paperie" as my business name. It had a modern feel and paper has always been my best friend. Of course, adding "ie" to the end made it feel like a shop (like chocolaterie), and I loved it.

My first set of cards that I decided to create were "celebrate" cards. I figured that by "celebrate", it would be good for birthdays, weddings, or any happy occasion.

I used the birthday cake from Stretch Your Imagination cartrige, and welded the blackout and the flip silhouette image to make a card. I also cut another blackout by itself, and embossed that with Divine Swirl Cuttlebug folder. I adhered that piece behind the silhouette, and added pearls or dewdrops to the cake. "Celebrate" stamp was stamped onto a cardstock and attached onto the cake.

Here it is:



I hope that one day, when I actually have time to make more cards, I can sell them in other stores and online. Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really, really, love your business name. I just recently came up with my business name, Kimmy Loo Paper Studio. Like you, paper is my best friend and I knew I wanted it in the name. My middle name is Lurene, which is just awful, so I thought I'd make something cute out of it. LOL I have my first craft show coming up (so nervous) and I opened my etsy shop weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to list anything yet. Isn't this blogging thing so great? We can bounce ideas off of eachother and get support for what we are working so hard on. I LOVE it!!!! Have a fabulous day! Kimmy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails