Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I think that I'm in love... with stamps!

Hey all! As I stated on FB, I find that things have been a little slow all around... my friends have all been quiet online (I know that some of you have been getting ready for CHA, some are away on a nice vacation, and some may be just plain ignoring me... which is totally okay, too! lol...:) ), and the weather is just too cold - we all refuse to go outside... So, other than taking my son to preschool and my NO CHOICE grocery shopping that I have to do - I'm staying put, right here. It's -30 degrees Celcius without the windchill in Calgary (it's -22 degrees Fahrenheit... Brrrrr!) and hear it's going to last for another few days... my hands are frozen and so cold, it refuses to craft! (Actually my kids have been getting into lots of trouble - and I'm busy cleaning up after them all day.  They either play with water (fill up toy crates with water and let all the toys float) or write on the walls...  I got upset at them yesterday, and told them there is no more of that, and today... I see them drawing... on their faces! lol...

Anyway, I got some new stamps in the mail yesterday, so I played with them last night... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE sentiment stamps - I find that any cards can be so beautiful if the sentiment stamps are pretty and has a deep meaning...  (I think that I may be addicted...)  I keep thinking that I have enough stamps, and with all the amazing ones too that I get from Punkin' Patch Stamps, but I can't stop looking at them, and keep on putting things into the cart! 

These cards are not too fancy - (again, remember that I made three in like 2 hours) but I just wanted you to see how beautiful these stamps are!

The first is a 'love you' card - stamps from Technique Tuesday Love Always Wins..  I just stamped the same sentiments repeatedly, and stamped a different one at the bottom as the focus.  I stitched all around the card as well :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also got some Stella & Rose papers on clearance the other day (these are BEAUTIFUL papers, and even though I already have the small stack at home, I had to get the big sheets)

So, with these, I used my Unity itty bitty On the Bright Side stamp and this is what I came up with:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also used the same papers to make another simple one, using Unity itty bitty enjoy. explore. believe. stamp. I also used the Tim Holtz ideo.logy pins to dress the card up a bit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, that's it!

Hope that you enjoyed my cards, and yeah, if you happen to stumble to this blog post, don't ignore me... say hi! I love having company :)

9 comments:

  1. Love your cards! Sometimes I get so caught up in the embellishments and cuts that the words get a bit lost, I love how they are the focus of these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. I may have to steal...I mean borrow some of your ideas. Especially love the love you card, Mine would never end up with the sentiment being lined up so evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How yummy are these beauties?! Love the 'bright side' card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are fantastic! and oh my gosh, these stamps are great! Have a great night!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Especially the Valentine's Day card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love them too! But I love that lamp the most, it gives me warm fuzzies...LOooOve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! Welcome to the PI team! These cards are beautiful! LOVE the woodgrain combo with the other prints and that wood button! Those alpha stamps are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, welcome, welcome to the PI group!! So excited to have a new lovely member! The sentiment card knocks my socks off.. seriously gorgeous right there. I don't know how you stnad those temperatures! I would think everything would be frozen all.the.time. :) :) :) Hope you have a great crafty day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails