Something SO exciting (to me) and something that I've known for the past few months.
Something that is pretty much like my DREAM. COME. TRUE :)
...nope, this is not another design team.
...and NO, I am NOT pregnant. (I am done by the way - I cannot possibly craft if I had another baby... and that means no more blogging... and I know how much you'd miss me, so yeah, that's not it)
Well... here goes!
1. I am having my FIRST getaway SANS my hubby or my kids in July! (makes me a little sad already, but it's all worth it.)
2. I am going to meet up with my crafty bestie... it's Tamara from Happy Life, Crafty Wife. Yeah, that's right - that super duper talented crafty wife. Now, you're jealous, aren't ya? We're even sharing a hotel room together for a night! (Okay, that may have come out wrong, but I find that girl bonding comes from late night talks, YKWIM?) She has been a super cool friend, and went through so much together (we're in 3 teams together - SVG Cuts, Epiphany Crafts and Paper Issues and also did Paper Dolls blog together for a bit), and I'm so excited to meet her!!!
3. I am going to Chicago!!! Yeah, baby!
4. To attend CHA (Craft & Hobby Association)!!! (If you've known me for long enough - I've always wanted to attend one of these shows...)
5. With Tamara, of course.... AND Leo and Mary from SVG Cuts! They will be taking us to see this show, so I will be a part of the cool SVG Cuts' gang. Okay, this sounds so much fun, right?
6. I'm not done yet! ...AND I will be spending THREE nights at Leo and Mary's BEAUTIFUL new home! I get to meet Gucci (their lovely cat), get to go see where Mary cooks up all her amazing SVGs, and see Leo's office! Not to mention their studio where they take all their tutorial videos!!!
I've started designing for SVG Cuts in July 2010, and it's been my wish that ONE DAY I would have the opportunity to meet these two lovely people. I was planning on crashing their wedding (HEHE - whenever that may be) but I never would've thought that I'd get to actually go and stay there and do things together!
EEEK! Isn't this so exciting?
Other design team members, Fleurette (Fleurette's Fine Art Studio) will be meeting up with us for a day or two (she lives in Chicago) and Amy (Aimitup) will also try to coordinate her schedule to meet us for a day! We're hoping that Cheryl (Dragonfly Designs) and Kristin (Paper Creations by Kristin) can also make it out and we'll have a design team retreat!
That's my news!
If any of you have attended CHA and wants to give me some tips/advice - that'll be much appreciated!
If any of you know cool places to hang out around that convention center (where CHA takes place) or good places to stay, we'd love to know!
Oooh, and don't forget - SVG Cuts is having a Memorial Day Sale through Thursday. EVERYTHING in the store is 25% off, so stock up on everything you've been eyeing! Use coupon: MEMORIAL2012 during checkout!