Friday, October 12, 2012

Spooky Cuties Candy Dish - an SVG Cuts DT project!

Happy Saturday!

A few days ago - my latest SVG Cuts project was shown, and I just haven't had time to make a post about it until now! I'm SO glad you came by - because I've got more close up shots and I think it's a simple but cute project to make.

For this project, on the SVG Cuts' blog - I have a step-by-step instructions on how to make this.  If you notice, this original file had a complete different look to it.  It had a silhouette of a pumpkin and a cat.  I had to 'delete' a portion of the file, and replace it with something else.  It uses 'back minus front' feature in eCAL and SCAL - which allows you to pretty much change a portion of the file and totally customize it into your own project!

Anyway, here was the project!

 I used My Mind'e Eye Mischievous collection (actually from last year) but still LOVE it! Love the colors and patterns in that line!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love adding stuff onto wires and making the embellishments pop! I simply took a piece of wire, wound it onto a pen and voila! You have DIY spring! The other bats have a foam tape underneath, so it also 'pops!'

Photobucket

I love how these pumpkins look so innocent!

Photobucket

These cuties are off trick-or-treating! You see those little canvas bags? I just cut a little fish out of canvas, and tied the end to make it look like a bag! Love DIY embellishments! Totally adds that personal touch!

Photobucket

This ghost is also trick-or-treating, but not fair! Not only he can just 'fly' (the other cuties have to walk!) but he also has the BIGGEST bag! This bag was made by cutting out a little round canvas, bringing up all the edges, and tied with twine.


Photobucket

Oh, and do you see this spider button? I love that! You simply just thread through 4 pieces of twine through a button (the button should have 2 or 4 holes), add a face on the button and you've got a spider!

Love it? I love the little details that I've added, but it's hard to capture that in the overall shot.

To make this - all you need are two collections! Now, that NEVER happens with my projects. I get people commenting why I use so many kits and collections - and they have to buy so many before they can make that! Not this - it's only two!

It's the Midnight Jamboree SVG Kit and Spooky Cuties SVG Collection, and you're set! Then head over to the SVG Cuts' blog for detailed instructions and dimensions used!

If you make something inspired by my craft - please feel free to post onto my FB wall or SVG Cuts' wall to share! I'd love to see!

Oh, and did you see the latest kit? Happy Thanks SVG Kit - It's SOO CUTE! I love the little turkey box, 3D cornucopia (that would be pretty amazing to embellish that!), the pilgrim hat box (which is also great for Christmas as a Santa belt buckle!) and that little house place cards are my fave! I can't wait to play with them!

Go get yours while it's FREE with purchase of $9.98 or more! (coupon: FREEGIFT)

Photobucket

That's it for you today!

Have a beautiful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! love how you made all the little bags for the trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute!
    jenny dot naus at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thienly, you are so creative!!!! All of the trick or treaters with the little handmade canvas bags is such a fun touch and I love the spider button you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this Thienly.. so creative.. Love how you put everything together so perfectly.. you need to take photo's of your halloween decorated house. I want to see how it all is. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails