Friday, March 29, 2013

Blast-off into Night time Adventure!

Happy Saturday!
(well, almost!)

Last week over at SVG Cuts, they came out with the cutest 3D file!!!
It's was a very decorative pretty fleur-de-lis lamp,
but I've been dying to change it and make it totally kiddish!

I've chosen to work with one of my fave collections from October Afternoon -
and do the space theme!

I changed the lamp shade into stars and clouds
and made the lamp post a bit longer to achieve the 'reach for the moon' look.  
Both of these shapes were from the Basic Shapes Library under the 'weather' in eCAL.

 photo rocketshade_zps9feb0264.jpg

... and of course I embellished it with their fun stickers and chipboards...

Ready to see?

Ta-da!

 photo DSC_0883_zps106198f7.jpg
  
Vellum was used behind the lamp shade openings, but where there's stars... 
I used my yellow Copics. 
I think it added!

I made this for my son, but before he got to see it,
 but my 5 yr old daughter took this into her room claiming this as hers! lol.

(Actually... I just found this in my son's room and he's telling her that it's for HIM!
Ooooh, SHE'S UPSET!
I guess I know what my next project is going to be!)

 photo DSC_0889_zpsb6059879.jpg

I thought it was a cute touch to add some planets and a rocket
hanging down the lamp shade using a fishing line.

 photo DSC_0885_zpscf465017.jpg

I had a sturdy square chipboard that was sitting in the basement for the LONGEST TIME...
(I bought them in University at the University book store on clearance thinking that 
I WILL have a use for them someday...
and yep...
about 20 years later, I found a use for them!)

So that became the base and covered with a woodgrain paper from Sasparilla collection.
I added some fun buttons and stickers...
gosh - I love these embellishments!

 photo DSC_0879_zpsf7ab2164.jpg

I even added little 'accents' to the back of the lamp - 
but now that I pay attention to the sticker...
"into the great inkown" is a typo!

...and when you turn the room light off and the lamp light on - looks like this!

 photo DSC_0881_zps08c9a69f.jpg

Fun, right?

Hope that you liked my project today,
 and probably will be back to post a pic of my girl's lamp soon!
(again, the lamp is from this file :)

Oh, before you go - 
did ya see the sneak peek of the new kit coming out at SVG Cuts?

It's gonna be another super fun kit!

 photo birthdaycake_zpsc16881bd.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Love the fact the bottom is taller, I tried doing this with no success, could you show how you did it? please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! I would be afraid to put this in my kids room for fear they would destroy it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adooooooorable!! Totally cute! You know, my son has a space themed room, I think this is HIS! LOL! I love what you did with the lamp shade. Ad how funny, I NEVER noticed that typos before.. And I have several sheets of those stickers. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails